About Global Victoria
As the State Government’s trade facilitation agency, Global Victoria’s mission is to build and strengthen the export skills and capabilities of Victorian businesses to help them grow on the international stage.
Through its trade mission programs, export capability initiatives and extensive international network of trade and investment offices (VGTIs), Global Victoria has made a significant contribution to Victoria’s successful engagement in the global economy.
Its international presence in Victoria’s key export markets help to develop, maintain and strengthen international relationships with key decision makers, governments, businesses and industry bodies.
Global Victoria at Expo 2020 Dubai
“Victoria is proud to be the only platinum partner of the Australian Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai. Our strong presence here at Expo reflects our long-standing and ongoing commitment to the Middle East region,” said Gönül Serbest, CEO, Global Victoria about the Victorian Government’s involvement with Expo 2020.
“The UAE is one of Victoria’s most important and long-standing trade and investment partners, and Dubai and Melbourne are closely connected through trade, tourism, major events and education,” Ms Serbest added.
Over the course of the six-month Expo, Victoria hosted over 300 delegates including Victorian businesses, business partners in the MEA region, stakeholders and colleagues from DFAT and Austrade as well as other business associates.
Victoria’s VIP events during Expo celebrated the best of Victoria by showcasing:
- The Melbourne Cup, and Melbourne as the major events capital of Australia
- Melbourne as one of the best international student cities in the world
- Victoria’s sports capabilities
- Victoria’s outstanding variety of premium food products
- The 25th anniversary of the VGTI office in Dubai, timed with a visit by the Governor of Victoria, the Hon Linda Dessau AC; and
- Victoria’s finale, “Victoria, Australia - Welcoming the World” celebrated an outstanding successful Expo and the reopening of Australia’s international borders.
Victoria’s premium produce with a global reputation for being clean, green and, most importantly, delicious, was showcased at every event.
The Melbourne Lane Café at the Australian Pavilion forecourt was a key attraction for thousands of Expo visitors who experienced a taste of Melbourne’s famous café scene, enjoying a perfect brew made from Melbourne businesses Industry Beans and MilkLab.
Staying globally competitive and connected with Global Victoria
To be globally competitive, your business must be globally connected.
“We proudly serve as the gateway to global economies and communities. We open the world to Victorian businesses and welcomes the business world to Victoria,” said Ms Serbest.
“It’s our people and networks that make the difference and inspire global possibilities for Victorian businesses.”
With over 100 staff in overseas offices, supported by a specialist Victoria-wide team, the VGTI network is the largest and most active than any other state or territory in Australia with 23 offices in key and strategic locations all over the world.
Ready to take on the world?
- Visit Global Victoria's website to explore upcoming events and initiatives to support your export journey.
- Contact Global Victoria by email or call on 1800 325 224
- Keep up to date with Global Victoria's future plans and activities by subscribing to their newsletter.
- Join Global Victoria on LinkedIn and follow on Twitter.