Australia drives the sports agenda at Expo 2020
Australia is a major sporting event leader with a famed sporting culture and history. Australia’s success comes from a long-term investment in people, community-based sport, and the development of technical expertise. Australia embraces the role sport can play in benefiting and engaging individuals and communities regardless of age, race, gender, cultural background, and physical ability.
The Australian Pavilion is a key partner of the Expo 2020 Dubai sports platform, And will bring its strong sporting spirit through daily sports activities and tournaments at Aussie Park, within the Sports, Fitness and Wellbeing Hub, located directly adjacent to the Australian Pavilion.Theisulti-purpose space is complete with football, basketball, volleyball, tennis, and netball courts. The aptly named space features iconic Big Bash League cricket nets, a nod to Cricket Australia’s professional league, an indoor fitness studio, fitness stage, large LED screens and space for sports exhibitions, showcases and celebrity athlete signings.
● Australia will host hundreds of activities at Aussie Park including Skills and Drills alongside other school programs for football, volleyball, and cricket
● The Australian Cricket Academy will offer skills development training at the Big Bash League cricket nets in Aussie Park throughout Expo
● Football Australia will train UAE-based coaches to deliver its MiniRoos Football training to school groups during Expo
● Australia will invite UAE school children to participate in an Aussie Sports Camp at Expo during school holidays.
KEY SPORTS EVENTS @ EXPO 2020 DUBAI
The Australian Pavilion has developed an incredible line up of 140+ sporting events. Headline events include the following:
● Inter Pavilion Multi-Sports Round Robin Tournament(run by Expo 2020 Dubai)
● Dubai 30/30 — 1-4 November 2021
● Melbourne Cup Carnival — 2 November 2021
● Inter-pavilion Cricket Tournament
● Rugby 7’s — 2-5 December 2021
● AFL Clinics, International Rules Exhibition Match — January 27-31, 2022
● Australian Open Women's Final Screening — 29 January 2022
● Australian Open Men's Final Screening — 30 January 2022
● Sports Science and High Performance Conference — 31 January 2022
● Health & Wellness Week — 1-5 February 2022
● World Hearing Day Sports Event
● Women in Sports Forum — 7 March 2022
● Women in Sport Film Festival — March 2022
● Women in Sport Media Training — Nov 2021 - March 2022
Full event details will be posted and updated on our website throughout Expo at australiaexpo2020.com.